1. Abstracts will not be accepted if the presenting author is not a Member of IAPM and has not registered for the conference.
2. The presentation has to be submitted in the Preview Room at least 4 hours before the session
3. The presenter will be allotted 10 minutes (7 minutes for presentation + 3 minutes for Q&A)
4. Presentations must be submitted in Microsoft Power Point 2010 or PDF format. For compatibility reasons, it is strongly recommended that presenters use common True Type
fonts in their Power Point presentations. Acceptable media include USB flash drive.
5. Authors are strongly encouraged to:
• Consider font embedding to ensure that characters display properly
• Bring a duplicate copy of your presentation in electronic format
• Ensure that all font sizes are large enough to be read from the back of the room
• Ensure that line widths are thick enough to be seen from the back of the room
• Ensure that color choices provide high contrast.
Printed Traditional Posters:
1. Each horizontal poster board measures 3ft.width X 4ft.height, suggested exact poster size is 2.5ft.width x 4ft.height. Poster boards will be hung in a specific place pre
determined by the Scientific Committee. Segmented panels/posters will not be permitted.
2. Please display your assigned poster presentation ID in the title area of your poster.
3. Each presentation is assigned to one side of the board.
4. Poster presenters are expected to arrange their material before the session starts, and to be available during the poster session to answer questions and discuss their papers
with attendees. You may bring pre-prints for handouts.
5. The posters must contain the same basic text of the summary, with the use of figures, graphs and tables, as well as references, so to facilitate visual communication.
6. Please note that APCON 2018 accepts no responsibility for material that may be left behind, lost, stolen, or damaged.
7. A total of ten posters will be selected for presentation. Every effort should be made to select equal number of case reports and case series (presented as printed posters or
E posters). The presentation will be for five minutes (three minutes for presentation and two minutes for discussion).
E-posters (Introduced for the first time):
1. The E-poster will be displayed on standard 42’ (Diagonal) LCD
2. File format should be Powerpoint (.PPT)
3. Total size of the presentation should not exceed 10-20 MB
4. The E-poster should be presented as a single powerpoint slide.
5. All presentations should be in landscape format
6. Animation/movies/sounds will not be supported; please submit in a static PPT format only
7. The presentation has to be submitted before 1st November 2018
8. The presentation file has to be renamed with the Abstract id mentioned in the acceptance letter received by you.
9. The presentation has to be sent to email@example.com with a copy marked to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The E-poster should be in a structured format. The usual structure includes separate sections for Introduction, Aims, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, References and
2. The poster should be self-explanatory. Text should be brief and well organized
3. It is suggested that font size of the text should be at least 26 to 36 point. The typeface chosen should be a simple and clear one.
4. The correct font size depends greatly on the fonts used in the ppt and the thumb rule should be that if it’s visible well on the computer screen it shall be visible on the E-Poster
5. Color suggestions:
a) When using light backgrounds (white, yellow, light blue) we suggest using dark fonts (black, navy blue, dark green)
b) When using dark backgrounds (blue, purple) we suggest using light fonts (white, yellow, cyan)
c) Avoid using red or green in any fonts or backgrounds as they are colors that are difficult to read
6. Illustrations/images/photographs used in the E-poster should be enlarged enough to show relevant details
Abstract Submission: Last date for all Abstracts including Oral/Posters (Both Printed & E-Poster) to be submitted by 15th August 2018.